The
other day a guy I have known for close to 30 years told me about a situation.
He said that he needed my advice and that I could be as honest as I like. I
agreed to listen to him, not interrupt his message and give him my (straight,
with no chaser) opinion. One night at the club the group he was in met a group
of ladies. Not all of them were compatible, so out of 10 couples 3 actually
continued to talk. After a few weeks he spent the night at her place. The next
morning he was awaken by her yelling at someone over the phone. Once she hung
the phone up he questioned. She explained that the person phone was her
ex-boyfriend and that she told him about his and her relationship. Knowing how
a guys think, he told her he was leaving and let them resolve the issue. She
asked that he not leave because the ex was not going to come to her place
uninvited. He left anyway and as he made around the building a guy rushed by
him. Rather than give him any advice I gave him the matter to solve for himself
in two simple ways. I asked, did he for any moment think about how she may have
put in life in danger? Second, knowing how she handled the breakup with her ex,
are you willing to step in walk in his shoes? I do not know what decision he
made, but I’m not the reason he decided to stay or go.
No comments:
Post a Comment