Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Don't



Before I state my bias and very tainted opinion let us begin with some light humor.  “IT COMES WITH A HEAVY HEART THAT I MUST INFORM EVERYONE, DUE TO OUR CURRENT ECONOMIC SITUATION THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL WILL BE TURNED OFF UNTIL FARTHER NOTICE”.  Now that I have my moment of softness out of the way let me get to the point. A guy (Fred) that I have known for close to 25 years informed me that he was planning to get married for the 8th time. Each of the previous wives I had a relationship with them based upon the association I have with Fred. In all of the years I have known him, he has never been afraid to put his heart on the line. He has always given each lady the benefit of a stable and caring man.  Many of us would have long ago given up on love and all the pain that comes with being in a committed relationship or failing in marriage so many times. He wants me to be involved in this my 8th wedding, and I am a bit torn about the entire situation and getting involved. I was raised to see marriage as the ultimate bond in someone’s life. It is true that I have condoned his previous 7 marriages out of respect for his feelings.  Also is the added fact that he is 6 years my senior and I look up to him, mainly in the way he handles work decisions and stay professional under some difficult times. With age comes wisdom and I cannot stand by him this time around. The few times his future bride and I have interacted we did not agree on anything. But most of all I feel like I would be co-signing on another one of his bad decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...8 times?!?! I don't think that I'd be able to support him in that way any longer either. Does he not believe in the dedication and commitment that marriage takes? Does it really take 8 times to find true love???? Maybe he has a fascination with weddings, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 times?? Does he wear the same suit? He can save money that way. He needs to become a wedding planner, he has experience!

    ReplyDelete