For all
but 11 years of my 2 oldest children life I was a single parent. In 1984 my
daughter was 8 years old and my son 5. We would on many occasions watch certain TV shows
together. My purpose for doing this was so I could help them understand some of
the more difficult subject matters. One day we were watching the Oprah Winfrey
show and the topic was abortion. It was stated that you could abort a fetus up
to the third trimester. During the call in portion of the show I hear my son’s
voice come over the TV. He wanted to know if the 2nd grade and
fourth semester was too late. He laughed for days and I also get a chuckle, whenever I re-live the moment. Believe it or not this is a true event.
Too this very day they are extremely close and have often made some incredible sacrifices for one another. I tell this story as a reminder to
myself about love. No matter how frustrated we get with someone, or we may get
overly angry. If you have “LOVE” in your heart, you would rather have harm come to
yourself.
...too funny...I love this!
ReplyDelete-Prof. E. Beard-
That is too funny! This will always be a story to make you laugh! :)
ReplyDeleteThey say that kids say the darnest things and I guess he did. It's so nice to spend quality time with your kids at that age there is always some type of memory that you build.
ReplyDeleteI believe any group activity with family can be a good thing, I don't have any kids myself but i'm sure they will from time to time say funny things that pout a smile on my face
ReplyDeletelol...funny yes quality time with your kids is a great factor.
ReplyDelete