Recently
I was placed in an extremely awkward situation by a few so called buddies. I
use the word friend very little. For all of my life there are many people that
I know, but there is a limited few that I call a friend. I was invited over to
a buddy’s house for a football party. We do different events throughout the
year and never had any problems. You should also know that all of the
guys are married and I am not. Upon entering the house I see the woman I broke
up with in 2012. We were together for 15 years and left on bad terms. Once I
finished verbally trashing the guys, I enjoyed the game, the
food and drinks. Just you let everyone and her know I was over the relationship,
I carried on some lite conversation and laughter. When was done I went home. The questions I have
are simple. If a relationship ends badly for one of the people involved, I think
you should not have the same buddies. Will the women in the group ever let the
old relationship die? Also, I don’t know
the rule of introducing a new lady into the circle.
I agree. You should not have the same friends. It makes things awkward.
ReplyDeleteWell why shouldn't you have the same friends? You all WERE friends before, right? What is the difference now; the issue is between you all & NOT the friends. Tricky & sticky situation.
ReplyDelete-Prof. E. Beard-
I think having the same friends is up the people involved. maybe it is about how we would deal with it or maybe the maturity level of both people. I have a few ex's that we have friends in common with no problems
ReplyDeleteyea you would think they had better sense, i'm sure out of 15 years they would've have known you use to date her. i've never been in a long term relationship like that so I couldn't imagine the feelings envovled
ReplyDelete